OPAN Service Delivery Organisations engage and interact with aged care consumers and service providers on a regular basis. Through this ongoing engagement OPAN is able to develop a thorough understanding of the issues and concerns faced by both consumers and the broader aged care sector.
OPAN actively draws on this knowledge to provide government and policy makers with relevant and informed advice on the development of aged care policy and practice. Below is a sample of some of the policy submissions OPAN has developed in response to key government consultations and inquiries.
- OPAN Submission to Senate Community Affairs References Committee Inquiry into the Effectiveness of the Aged Care Quality Assessment and Accreditation Framework 30 Nov 18
- OPAN Input into Royal Commission Aged Care Terms of Reference 23 Sep 18
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety – Prime Minister of Australia 16 Sep 18
- OPAN Submission to Senate Inquiry into the ACQSC Bills
- OPAN Submission to the Home Care Pricing Transparency Compatibility
- OPAN Submission to the Inquiry into the Quality of Care in Residential Aged Care Facilities in Australia February 2018
Following consultations with the nine OPAN Service Delivery Organisations around Australia and the OPAN Board, OPAN has developed the following policies. Engagement with OPAN Network members are ongoing and OPAN regularly reviews its policies.