Flyer developed for Older Australians COVID-19 Support Line
We know there is a lot of fear and confusion within the community. Some older people are vulnerable to COVID 19 but less connected to the internet and in need of ways to access information for their circumstances.
The Older Persons Support Line is a joint initiative of COTA Australia, Dementia Australia, National Seniors and OPAN, supported by funding from the Australian Government. Older Australians, their families, friends and carers can FREECALL 1800 171 866 if they:
- would like to talk with someone about the COVID-19 restrictions and its impact on them
- are feeling lonely or are worried about a loved one
- are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
- need help or advice about changing the aged care services they are receiving
- need help to access new care services or essential supplies such as shopping
- are living with Dementia or are concerned about a friend or family member living with Dementia
- would like to arrange a one-off or regular wellbeing check.
Older Australians, their relatives, carers, friends or supporters can call 1800 171 866 8.30am – 6pm AEST weekdays for any information or services they may need.
We have developed a flyer to promote this service, which is now available on our COVID-19 Resources page and can be downloaded below.