- are unhappy with your government funded residential care, in
home care or community care services in Australia
- want to know more about your rights and responsibilities as a
client, or are a provider assisting a client to engage with an
- are seeking education for staff on advocacy and the rights and responsibilities of clients and how to raise and address any issues early with the provider of these services.
Older Persons Advocacy Network services are delivered around Australia by different service delivery organisations in each state and territory. To find out more about the Older Persons Advocacy Network organisation in your state/territory go to our OPAN Network page.
Each state also operates an information and advice line available between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday. Free Call: 1800 700 600. Your call will be answered in each state by the Older Persons Advocacy Network organisation in your state/territory.
Alternatively, you can complete the general enquiry form and the
Older Persons Advocacy Network organisation in your area will follow up your request.
Feedback, Compliments or Complaints
The Older Persons Advocacy Network strongly believes that the right to be heard is a fundamental human right. Older Persons Advocacy Network appreciates any compliments or feedback that you may have about their services. It is also committed to providing an open avenue to receive any complaints, offering a complaints mechanism that:
- takes complaints seriously
- treats complainants with respect and without retribution
- is transparent and fair
- is confidential
- assists complainants with specific needs to access necessary supports (e.g. interpreters)
- is regularly reviewed
- informs organisational change and development
- complies with all relevant legislation and regulation
Older Persons Advocacy Network encourages clients who are dissatisfied to come forward with their complaints so that Older Persons Advocacy Network is able to effect an appropriate resolution.
If you have feedback, a complaint or a compliment, please ring OPAN on 1800 700 600 or complete the Feedback, Compliments and Complaints Form.