Free education services
Older Persons Advocacy Network organisations offer free education and information sessions to consumers and potential consumers of Commonwealth funded aged care services, and their families, carers or representatives.
What can I learn?
Consumer education sessions focus on:
- the role of advocacy in supporting consumers to access and interact with the aged care system
- how advocacy can support people who are unhappy with their aged care services
- consumer rights when receiving Commonwealth funded aged care services.
Consumer education sessions are tailored to the individual needs of each group.
Individually Tailored Sessions
Older Persons Advocacy Network organisations in some states can also offer individually tailored educations on a fee for service basis to suit the needs of your group.
Please contact the Older Persons Advocacy Network organisation in your state to discuss, or complete the education request form below.
Who can register?
OPAN organisations deliver consumer education and information sessions to:
- groups of people receiving Commonwealth funded aged care services in their home or retirement village
- people residing in residential aged care, often at resident meetings
- community based respite groups
- social interest groups such as Probus
- support groups such as those for carers, pain, dementia and diabetes.
To book a free consumer education session for your local group complete the request form, or contact your state/territory Older Persons Advocacy Network organisation