Older Persons Advocacy Network organisations offer free aged care advocacy services that are independent and confidential
Older Persons Advocacy Network organisations provide free information about aged care service provision, referrals and the rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Media release issued by Older Persons Advocacy Network following the …Read More »
- The Older Persons Advocacy Network has unfortunately been blocked from …Read More »
- As of January, 2021 Please refer to the respective department …Read More »
- As of 23 December 2020 Key points Until further notice …Read More »
- The Older Persons’ Advocacy Network (OPAN) has helped to negotiate …Read More »
Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)
Older Persons Advocacy Network offer free, independent and confidential services that focus on supporting older people and their representatives to raise and address issues relating to accessing and interacting with Commonwealth funded aged care services.
Older Persons Advocacy Network seek to ensure that aged care consumers understand and exercise their rights and participate, to the maximum degree possible, in the decisions affecting their care.
Nine State and Territory based organisations form the OPAN network. Older Persons Advocacy Network is funded by the Australian Government to deliver the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP), providing a national voice for aged care advocacy.
We have provided free individual advocacy support to 10,000 people in the last year
We provide information to over 21,000 consumers and family members annually
We educate over 40,000 people each year on rights and responsibilities
The stress that occured because of my provider was a real issue and caused me much anxiety. My advocate stood up for my rights and he gave me the strength to resolve the issue with them. Thanks so muchAged care advocacy service